Top Tips…when choosing your wedding flowers
The look of a wedding can be made or broken on the success, quality and style of the finishing touches. But, how are you supposed to know the rights and wrongs when it’s no doubt the biggest event you’ve ever planned yourself?
Maria Brown, from Cherubs Florists (www.cherubsflorists.co.uk), shares her Top Tips for choosing your wedding flowers…
- Try to use flower arrangements for more than one use, for example a top table middle flower spray could also be used on the registrar’s table first or somewhere in church
- Stick to classic colours that never date
- Don’t give all guests a buttonhole, save money and stick to the wedding party only
- Book your florist as early as possible
- Use real flower petals as confetti, most venues insist on it
- If you have a specific colour in mind, give your florist a swatch of material, it really helps!
- Be practical with your ideas, choose flower displays that compliment your venue
- Choose flowers that are in season, but if a specific flower is important to you and is out of season, don’t be afraid to mix fresh flowers with silk flowers.